Sharpened Word - December 2020
Time & Location
About The Event
The year 2020 is a year most of us would want to forget. Many of us suffer hardship as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic - schools were closed, activities shunned, business suffered. As of now, the anticipated recovery is still uncertain and nobody can foretell when our life will return back to normal.
The team is aware of the gloom and doom but we are determined not to be dispirited by such shortcomings. As the year end approaches, we would like to end this year on a more positive note.
And so, we are proud to announce our “Talent Time - Ode to Old Ipoh” session by calling out to the community and give them an avenue to showcase their best and that we are not beaten down by the catastrophe.
As a further impetus, we are working hand-in-hand with Tourism Perak (“TP”) on this event where TP has generously sponsored a total of RM1,500 cash prizes to be given away to the Top 5 contestants as follows:
First prize : RM500
First runners-up : RM400
Second runners-up : RM300
Fourth : RM200
Fifth : RM150
In view of the pandemic situation, strict SOPs will be followed by both venue and event organiser before, during and post event.
There are some simple rules and regulations for the session as follows:
- All genders and talents are welcome, minimum age 15 years. Participants below the age of 18 must have written consent from parents or guardians.
- Due to time constraint, we can only allow a maximum of 15 participations for the event.
- For group participation, it is only for a maximum of three members due to space constraint.
- Participants are encouraged to pre-register their interest via FB Messenger. Please provide your with name(s), date of birth, mobile number and e-mail, plus a short description of your performance.
- Registration fee RM10 per participant, payable on the day of the event.
- Walk-in registration is possible provided that there are still empty slots available before the cut-off time at 1:30 pm on the day.
- Participants are allowed to do sound check and survey the stage 2 hours before the event. The show will start from 2.30pm.
- Each participant is given a 3-minute stage time. All prolonged performance will be penalised in points by the panel of judges.
- Participants who require background music for their session are required to provide the organiser with a thumb drive/USB in mp3 format, or bring their own instruments.
- All performances should avoid topics that involves politics, sex, religion and animal stunts.
Please do take note of the date as it may be subject to change in view of the CMCO stage we are in currently. We will make the necessary announcements if there are indeed changes.
Please contact us via FB Messenger if you need any further clarifications or to register yourself.
So, let’s make an effort to tell the world that we may be down but we are not out! With such good positive vibe, we can overcome this and come out stronger we will!
Hope to see you guys!
- Entry by DonationRM0RM00RM0